- Ethereum rollups “roll” a bunch of transactions into one.
- They come in two basic forms: optimistic accumulations and unknowing accumulations.
What are rollups?
How do rollups work?
Who builds the rollups?
- Optimism: a cheap layer 2 system for Ethereum
- Arbitrum: an L2 protocol for Ethereum
- Boba Network: the next generation of OMG Network
- Loopring: a protocol that also provides gasless decentralized exchange
- Immutable X: an L2 protocol for NFTs
- ZKSync: a zero-knowledge L2 for Ethereum
How to buy rollups?
Polygon (formerly MATIC).
The Future of Rollups: Technology for the Ages or a Band-Aid to a Solvable Problem?
Want to be a crypto expert? Get the best of Decrypt straight to your inbox.
Get the biggest crypto news + weekly digests and more!